These are the instructions for newcomers.
- Go to worknets chat room http://www.worknets.org/chat/base/home.php?arsc_language=english.
- Type your name in the box and click on “Start the chat”.
- You will find yourself in the chat room.
- It will “whisper” a welcome greeting to you (whispers are just seen by one person - they are not visible to everyone in the chat room)
- If you want to know what people were saying before you came into the chat room click on the chat archive link. You will see it on the right hand side of the chat screen.
- If you prefer you can check what is going on before you go into the chat room by going ot http://www.worknets.org/archive/ but you will not be able to write any chat of your own until you do go into the chat room properly
- When you leave the chat it is best to do it officially, by clicking the “leave” link on the left had side of the screen. This lets the computer, and everyone in the chat room, know you are not in the chat any more.
Sometimes there is a problem - perhaps you have a bad connection, or power cut.
On a bad day it is possible you have to sign in again to rejoin the chat. The computer will not let you re-use your name if it seems that someone with that name is already in the room. So just add a number to your name eg John2,John3 if this happens.
You may also have arrived at the first page of the chat room http://www.worknets.org/chat/ (and not the second) If you do just:
- Look for “Choose your language:” It is probably set for English (which is what you will need to choose.)
- Click on "Next" (if you have a Mac) or the symbol ">" (if you have Microsoft Windows) it is next to the "Choose your language" box. Then continue as above.