I was at the Dark Mountain festivals in 2011 and 2012 and have booked for this year. If you don't know about it then you may appreociate this announcement which just arrived in my inbox.
This year's Dark Mountain festival is approaching!
As you attended Uncivilisation 2012, we thought you might want to know about this year's festival, which takes place in just under four week's time.
We've been running an annual festival for 4 years now, and we have decided that this will be the last. We don't want the event to go stale, and as we are expanding our publishing operation next year, we have decided not to run a regular annual festival for the foreseeable future.
But we are going to go out with a bang, with the best festival yet! Some of the highlights of this year's programme include:
* The return of mythteller Martin Shaw, after last year's powerful session.
* 'Moneyless man' Mark Boyle on Wild Economics.
* The editor of Orion magazine on the death of 'nature writing'.
* Music from Small Shipwrecks, Grace Petrie, 30 Pound of Bone, In Gowan Ring and many more.
* Fireside storytellers, wild food walks, barefoot running, lacto-fermenting, scything and a mystery Saturday night fire ritual ...
* Our first-ever Uncivilised stand-up comedian!
* A two-day childrens activity programme.
Yoiu can browse the full programme for this years festival here.
Visit this page to buy your tickets. Tickets are only available in advance: there will be none for sale on the weekend itself.
We hope to see you there!
The Dark Mountain team