Our weekly meetings are always eagerly anticipated as so often the information that the UK receives from Nigeria is of such high calibre. This week was no exception.
In fact it poses a problem for me - how best to captivate all the information about the various developments at Fantsuam Foundation?
As a result I have decided to do a brief blog now, which will just give the gist of this week’s online UK-Nigeria meeting and I will then follow this up with smaller blogs about the individual projects.
- First John Dada sent us some information about the recent Broadband for Nigeria meeting that he chaired last week in Abuja.
- This was then followed by a typed discussion updating us about Sabo Bako ( Programme Officer Fantsuam Foundation) and his recent meeting with President Obama. The meeting was the Forum of Young African Leaders and invited 115 young leaders from more than 40 African countries to Washington for a four-day meeting.
- The Nigeria team then gave the UK an update about the feeding programme at Fantsuam for the Orphans and Vulnerable Children.
- This discussion then led into the plight of one young boy who was recently accused of witchcraftt.
- The team then discussed the first Thursday meeting that was scheduled for the following day. Elaine, Dadamac’s Rotary Ambassador confirmed that she is planning to attend. Her techi and photography skills will also be appreciated!